Australian wines can rival any in the world for both quality and variety. This is certainly true of wines from Tasmania, and Ghost Rock Wines in particular. The mild Tasmanian climate is ideal for the production of good wine.
Ghost Rock Wines
To look at a selection of Ghost Rock Wines:
- 2014 Ghost Rock Pinot Gris: The Pinot Gris variety has its origins in Burgundy France in the middle ages. It has since spread and can be found now in many parts of the world. The Ghost Rock Pinot Gris is made in the French style. This wine has the taste of pear and a flora aroma. It is an ideal companion for light fish, pasta, and salads dishes.
- 2014 Ghost Rock Sauvignon Blanc: This is yet another true classic French white wine. Originally from Bordeaux, France, the wine developed by Ghost Rock Wines has a full range of tastes that can be experienced. This includes gooseberry, grapefruit, and passion fruit. Being a white wine, this Sauvignon Blanc would complement vegetarian dishes, light salads, cheeses, and seafood.
- 2014 Two Blocks Pinot Noir: Again, originally from Burgundy, this is one of the world’s favorite wines. The Pinot Noir on offer from Ghost Rocks vineyards is light, youthful, fruity red. This has the taste of both strawberry and wild berry. At a restaurant or for a gathering, this trio wine would be ideal for the main course.
Clover Hill Wines
There are a number of very good wines available from other vineyards in Tasmania. These include Clover Hill Wines. So let’s sample two of these wines:
- 2008 Clover Hill Vintage Rose: This Clover Hill Wine is based solely on the Chardonnay grape. This is a cool sparkling Rose wine. Tasmania, with its cool climate, has developed a reputation for producing quality sparkling wines.
- Clover Hill NV Brut: A “Brut” is a sparkling white wine which is certainly the case here. Again, as with many of these fine Tasmanian wines, fruit flavorings can be tasted in this Brut; having citrus, lemon, and ripe melon flavors.
To finish this “wine testing exercise”, let’s look at Home Hill Wines. This vineyard has won a number of trophies and medals for the quality of its wine.
Home Hill Wines
- 2013 Home Hill Kelly’s Reserve Chardonnay:Chardonnay is very much a sparkling wine. It originates in Burgundy, France, but versions of this grape may go back all the way to the ancient Romans. Chardonnay wines have now spread across the world. Yet again there is a whole range of aromas associated with this wine. These being grapefruit, spice and lemon, as well as having a “nutty” and savory taste.
- 2013 Home Hill Kelly’s Reserve Pinot Noir: This region is also able to produce a fullbodied classic red wine. The red is associated with central and southern regions of France and Europe such as Bordeaux. However, in Tasmania they have mastered the skill to produce a quality red Pinot Noir. This wine has a very rich complex range of tastes.
For more information on any of these excellent wines, please visit this website:
tel: +61 03 6228 0667